Monday, November 5, 2012

Cheers to the Liebster Award!

TWO Liebster Awards?! Pretty damn cool. I’m doing something right.

I was awarded the Liebster by Sarabell at Sarah Being Sarabell and Brandi of No Map Provided (both very awesome blogs). Liebster is a German word which means dearest. This award is for new bloggers who have less than 200 followers and helps give them recognition and support. It's also a great way to let someone know how much you love their blog!

Thank you Sarabell and Brandi, this is awesome!

 

When you receive the award, you post 11 random things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, nominate 11 blogs of your own, and post 11 questions for them to respond to. Note: I'm choosing a few established blogs that have more than 200 followers, but they are some of my favs and you need to know about them.


11 Random Facts About Me: 
  1. I have a seriously unnatural fear of hot air balloons
  2. I don’t pump my own gas. Ever. Apparently this blows people’s minds
  3. I.Suck.At.Math
  4. I love Kurt Vonnegut with a passion. So much so, my boyfriend hand wrote the entire last Vonnegut speech (At Clowes Hall) on a 4 foot x 6 foot canvas for my birthday. It’s mine forever unless the Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library in Indiana wants to buy it
  5. I’ve gotten pierced, tattooed, bikini waxed, and yet the most painful thing I’ve ever done is teeth whitening
  6. My first car was a 1986 Chevy Celebrity named Roxy
  7. I can’t chew gum
  8. I run 9 minute miles
  9. I love food. Half our DVR is Food Network shows. It’s probably why I go to the gym so much
  10. I’m a huge believer in Karma
  11. I want a dog so badly that I trained my cat how to sit

Since I got two at once, I’ll pick some of SaraBell’s and some of Brandi’s Eleven Questions

What is your one big regret in your life you wish you could change?
I should have stopped worrying about what other people thought a lot longer ago

What do you do for a living and are you happy with it?
I’m a marketing professional. I love it. I worked really hard to get where I am today. Being able to create content or images that motivate people to act, is so satisfying. Seeing increased percentages based on my work is really rewarding. I also do graphic design on the side, which is probably one of the only things I can say comes naturally to me

If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?
To live happily ever after

What made you start a blog?
I love writing. But I don’t have the attention span to write a novel. I used to Live Journal back in the day, so this is my second time around. I also love reading other blogs and pages like xoJane and would always think, “I can do this. I should do this.”

What is the one thing you wish you could do?
I wish I could be braver in some situations

What is a quote that inspires you?
"We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down." -Kurt Vonnegut

If you could witness any event, past, present, or future, what would it be?
Tough call. It will probably always change, but for right now, I would have loved to see The Who perform with the original line up

If you could stay a certain age forever, what would it be?
28 is working out pretty good for me, so 28

If you could only travel to one place in the whole world, where would it be and why?
Right now, I’m thinking London. I love the history and music scene over there. And the accents are pretty adorable

What's your biggest fear?
Being alone 

What's the one thing you want to accomplish by your next birthday?
My birthday is coming up fast so it’s more of having it in the planning processes, but I want to make a huge, crazy decision. I get antsy and bored…so maybe move? Not too sure yet

My Nominees: (Follow these blogs. Readers of Bishop And Rook also read...)
Brandi – No Map Provided
Gabriella – Kneadle and Bread
Ginny – Ginny in Boston
Nikki – ChiBiCHiC
Kristie-Ann – Petit Papillon De Nuit
Nagehan – nagehan bayindir
Sharmili – Call me, Maeby

My Questions for the Winners: 

  1. What is one habit you have that you’d love to break?
  2. What do you eventually want to do with your blog? 
  3. What blog / website / online reading material inspires you? 
  4. Red or white wine? 
  5. Have you ever attempted a Pinterest project? If so, which was your best one? 
  6. What life lesson has blogging taught you? 
  7. What was the best gift you ever received? 
  8. Did you ever have that “Oh my gosh, they know who I am!” moment when a specific person followed or commented on your blog? 
  9. Christmas is coming up, what are you asking for? 
  10. What is your newest obsession? 
  11. What is the next crazy, amazing, no guts no glory thing you will do?

7 comments:

  1. awww thanks so much :) hahah I don't pump my own gas, nor do I know how to. In Jersey it's illegal to pump your own gas hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this made me laugh!! If you don't pump your gas, who does it for you?? Teeth whitening is the WORST! Makes my teeth hurt too. And that's pretty awesome making your cat sit! And i do graphic design too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are full service stations in Boston. Virtual high-five for graphic designing! Do you use an online portfolio? I recommend Carbon Made, it's free. This is mine http://kristinni.carbonmade.com/

      Delete
    2. I was just discussing with my coworker I need an online portfolio! Thanks for the recommendation! Bout to go look at yours!

      Delete
  3. aw thanks for nominating me - i have actually done something like this before - somewhere back in my archives an 11 things exists.

    you can't chew gum? just because of texture? hm. and that's hilarious you taught your cat to sit!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chewing gum hurts my jaw, sad face. Yes, tempt an animal with food long enough, and he'll start to comply =)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for passing this on! I don't even have a speech ready! I need to get around to answering the questions.

    ReplyDelete

Trending Right Now